The Mid-Atlantic Writing Centers Association is seeking nominations for its Executive Board. The following positions are available:
Treasurer (1-year term with a renewable option in case of vacancy)
- collaborate with the vice-treasurer to divide the responsibilities of the office as detailed in the bylaws and the treasurer’s procedural documents;
- be in charge of collecting dues and work with the web coordinator to maintain membership;
- maintain records and receipts of all financial transactions;
- act as signatory for MAWCA’s bank account with fiduciary responsibility to the organization;
- pay bills and reimburse officers and members for expenses incurred in conducting Board-authorized MAWCA business;
- maintain an archive of monthly bank statements in the MAWCA online archive;
- file financial reports concerning financial transactions of the organization, to be presented at executive board meetings and at the annual general business meeting;
- file the annual post card required to maintain public charity status, and work with the President to ensure compliance with all IRS requirements;
- maintain the procedural document for treasurer responsibilities as noted above.
Vice-Treasurer (1-year term, advancing to the position of Treasurer)
The elected vice treasurer will assist the treasurer with carrying out the duties of the treasurer.
At-Large Board Representative (2-year term)
- Represent broad constituency interests in setting policies and planning events;
- Lead and serve on committees as needed.
Undergraduate Student Representative (1-year term)
The undergraduate student representative will be a MAWCA member currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program. The representative will serve as a voting member of the board, is eligible to serve on board committees, and will represent the interests, needs, and experiences of undergraduate student members.
Graduate Student Representative (1-year term)
The graduate student representative will be a MAWCA member currently enrolled in a graduate degree program. The representative will serve as a voting member of the board, is eligible to serve on board committees, and will represent the interests, needs, and experiences of graduate student members.
Board members attend two meetings annually, including the spring meeting during the MAWCA conference in March, 2018. We encourage you to nominate a colleague or self-nominate! Submit a 200-word bio to MAWCA President Holly Ryan (firstname.lastname@example.org) by March 5, 2018 at 5pm.