Student and professional members of MAWCA receive the following for their annual dues. The director of a center may choose to pay $50 and then bundle all the staff with a Center membership. Each bundled member has the same full benefits of student and professional membership:
- Discounted registration rates at annual conference
- Eligibility to apply for scholarships
- Eligibility to attend retreats
- Eligibility to vote in elections
- Eligibility to serve on the Board (a great professionalizing opportunity and opportunity to serve)
- Access to the member database
- Access to joining regional groups and receiving invitations to regional events
- Subscription to the MAWCA newsletter
- Professional networking: Ability to choose listing in the Members Only section (including email)
Directors/coordinators who choose Center Membership may subscribe unlimited staff as MAWCA members. Your staff can then convert to individual members if they choose to remain in the writing center community after leaving your center.
How to Convert Individual Membership to Center Membership
If you are a current member and wish to change over to Center Membership:
- Login to the site
- If needed, use the "forgot password" function top right of this page. The email address we have on file will be the one where you receive the newsletter, etc.
- Once logged in, your membership information will appear. Select change your membership level. This costs $50.
- Once you have paid, you will be able to add your staff: they have all the benefits of membership.
- If you enter the name of a staff person who is already a member, ask them whether they wish to be bundled!
- Contact the firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to remove someone from your bundle.