Award: Up to $1000
This grant assists writing center administrators from underrepresented populations in the Mid-Atlantic region in funding research projects that draw on their own linguistic and cultural perspectives, advancing the knowledge of theory and practice in writing center studies. Special consideration will be given to applications from institutions who serve historically underrepresented populations in writing center research. For example, Black, Latinx, Asian, American Indian/Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or other Pacific Islander scholars.
Our goal in funding this grant is to give back to our members and to diversify the scholarship being produced in our region. The grant will enable writing center administrators of color or administrators from institutions that serve historically underserved populations to:
Applications are due January 15, 2021. Grant funds must be used between February 1, 2021 and January 1, 2022.
Research must address an area of inquiry in writing centers. Proposals must include:
1. The name, email address, institutional affiliation, and a brief (300-word max.) biography of the primary applicant.
2. A narrative (500 - 1,000 words) that includes:
3. A research plan and timeline.
4. A budget, including demonstration of need, and whether or not partial funding could be accepted.
5. A brief (300 words max) statement describing membership in an underrepresented population. (This could be administrator’s membership in an underrepresented population, center staff’s membership in underrepresented population, or institution that serves historically underrepresented populations.)
Email the President to submit your application.